Are you a tribal official who works with environmental data? Interested in streamlining or enhancing your data management capacity? The Exchange Network Tribal Governance Group and the Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) invite you to join their 2020 Virtual Data Academy and Conference.
The conference portion of the event is being held from October 26-28 (open to all interested attendees) and will demonstrate how tribes can benefit from participating in the EN through live discussions and a showcase of tribal projects and tools. The series of workshops comprising the data academy are from November 2-12 (open to tribal officials only) and will offer practical lessons for tribes working with environmental data.
Interested? Please check out the resources outlined below or visit the meeting webpage for more information.
- Presentations and interactive discussions.
- Professional development workshops and mentoring sessions with peers.
- Featured speakers include members of the Tribal Governance Group, Tribal Exchange Network users, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
By pre-registering, you will be granted priority access to event sessions and added to our announcements email list which will share updates about the upcoming event and notifications about conference recordings. Conference Sessions are open to the public, workshop sessions are open to tribal employees only and require pre-approval.
Register for Workshops after submitting your pre-registration form. Session details can be found in the Agenda. Workshops include:
- Data Carpentry – Ecology Curriculum (R emphasis) – 20 seats
- The E-Enterprise Community Inventory Platform (EECIP): A Live Demo & Workshop for Tribes – 20 seats
- The Quality Review and Exchange System for Tribes (QREST) – 15 seats
- Introduction to ESRI Field Operations – 15 seats
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)